Update Aug 2021
As we move through our current restructure and transition into our new roles, we are putting a pause on updating the timelines for NPD presentations for 2022. This will allow us to assess how we will work going forward and to make sure the timelines are still relevant in the new structure. We will aim to complete this by mid-September.
In the meantime, we are still adhering to the current ranging cycles and presentation weeks, so please continue with the process as per usual.
Please reach out if you have any concerns or questions!
We’re all about results!
At Foodstuffs South Island we are committed to achieving the best outcomes for our customers, our stores and just as importantly, our suppliers. As part of this, we have been working hard on an improved process for new product development (NPD). By moving to a more structured and regular timeline for product presentations, we achieve a number of benefits:
- More pro-active launch planning for even more awesome launches, allowing us to build in promotions and marketing if needed
- Transparency so you know what’s happening in your category and when it’s happening
- Improved communications so regardless if you have NPD, when we are reviewing your category, you can connect with us
- Improved development of category strategies
- Efficiencies in the system resulting in a higher level of attention and support from our team when you do present products
From December 2019 we have a new product process here at FSSI and as a result, we’re excited to share some changes with you. Here’s what you need to know…
What have we done?
We’ve created structured and regular timelines for new product presentations, allowing categories to be presented 4 times per year whilst maintaining your launch dates. Each category is assigned to a cycle number, each cycle is then given a presentation window that correlates to a launch window.
How does it work?
It’s so easy, it can be explained in five simple steps
- Open the Ranging cycles document.
- Find the cycle your product and category fall in to.
- Find your launch date window in the timelines below that cycle – these are in bold text
- Work back to the presentation window week (above each launch window)
- Book your meeting with the Category Manager for that week
Still unsure? We’ve collated some FAQs that may answer your question, alternatively just contact your Category Manager or anyone in the Category Services team – we’re here to help.